Re: Announcement: RPMs for hylafax and libgr

David Woolley writes:
 > > The name 'xferstat' is sufficiently vague that it can -- and has --
 > > been duplicated by other software. This issue didn't even arise until
 > > someone ran into problems because of the redundant filenames.
 >
 > Can someone explain why a conflict arises.  In the beta of Hylafax 4
 > that I have, all the logs are written into the /usr/spool/fax tree, so
 > cannot conflict with /var/adm etc.

There is an xferstats in /usr/sbin from wu-ftpd. The xferlog clash
is with the man page. It was probably not noticed before because nobody
tried to install it in /usr.

However, the names are clobbered on even on /usr/local. Which
xferstats is called depends on whether you have /usr/local/sbin
first in your path or /usr/sbin. The same goes for xferlog man page.

Ramana

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions