Re: postscript attachments show up at 5% size

yes, i figured it was something like that - although i would really like
the attachments to be shown in the same page as the to:/from: header (the
body of the message would be converted into an attachment)..

has anyone had trouble with faxmail core dumping on mail with many parts,
such as a forward from netscape communicator's mail, or a returned mail
(user/host unknown) ?  this happens all the time here.

On Thu, 30 Oct 1997, Louis REINARD wrote:
> As far as I can see, the output from the converter-script has
> not been appended to the PS generated from the first part of the
> multipart MIME message, but inserted before the `showpage'
> `end restore' of that first page. The result of this is, that
> the `.05 dup scale' is still in effect when the converter output
> gets interpreted. This results in the small "thumbnail" on the
> first page that a few of you have described.
>
> Also, this explains why the "double attachments" described by
> Ben Parker work. The first attachment gets scaled down because
> of the reason descibed above. This first attachment supposedly
> ends with `showpage' and `end restore' which put the effect of
> `.05 dup scale' to an end, and then his second attachment gets
> faxed OK.
>
> I have manually moved those last five lines so that they precede
> the start `%!' of the converter-script output and then the fax
> just looks fine.
>
> As it appears to me, the problem is situated in faxmail or the
> TextFmt routines used by faxmail. Due to my lack of c/c++
> programming skills, I have not been able to hack the source
> to get this solved.

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions