New RPMs for hylafax-4.0 and libgr-2.0.14

Welcome to the new rpm of hylafax. One of the motivations for building
this was to learn the capbilities of rpm.  Hylafax is a great package,
but it doesn't work out of the box. It requires an elaborate setup. My
aim in building this package is to reduce some of this complexity for
Redhat Linux. I admit that this release falls short of that goal.
However, I hope the situation improves in future releases.

There is already a linux binary at SGI's site. An rpm for hylafax was
built using this binary by Matthew Rice before.  Some of you who tried
to install the rpm might have experienced problems running
'faxsetup'. This is because the rpm doesn't have all the files. After
encouragement from Matthew, I decided to build a new rpm of hylafax
from the source.

The features of the new rpm are:

   1.	Redhat Linux 4.2 comes with libgr-2.0.9. However, the libtiff
	that comes in libgr-2.0.9 is older than the version required by
	hylafax. Meanwhile libgr has evolved and the latest version is
	libgr-2.0.13. However,libgr-2.0.13 has some shell scripts missing. I
	added them to make it libgr-2.0.14.

   2.	libgr-2.0.14 subsumes the functionality of another package
	that comes with Redhat 4.2, netpbm-1mar1994.

   3.	It comes with rpms of the sources of hylafax and libgr.

   4.	It uses /usr instead of /usr/local in the tradition of rpm

   5.	It uses the directories /var/spool/hyla, /usr/lib/hyla instead of
	/var/spool/fax, /usr/lib/fax. The reason is that there are two
	other fax pages for linux, efax and mgetty+sendfax. I feel it
	is better to have a unique name like
	hyla than a generic one like fax causing mixup

   6.	The documentation directory is set to /usr/doc instead of /var/httpd

   7.	There is an executable called xferstats in hylafax clashing with
	an xferstats from wu-ftpd. Hence its name is
	changed to xferstat

For more information look at

	http://www.lekha.org/hylafax
	ftp://ftp.lekha.org/pub