Re: MultiTech Multimodem 5600ZDX and Adaptive answer

> Have you tried the Class2 adaptive answer scheme in Class1?  Some modems like
> the USR Sportster are capable of this.

I think that I have.  From the following:

at+fclass=0
OK
at+Fclass=1
OK
at+fclass=2
ERROR
at+fclass=2.0
ERROR
AT+FAA=1
OK

I deduce that my modem only supports class 1 operation.  But ALSO that it
supports some sort of adaptive answer.

So I tried out the adaptive answer by hand.  From a terminal program I put
the modem in adaptive answer mode then called in with a fax machine and a
data modem.  My modem would respond with "FAX" or "DATA" but it then
seemed irratic about saying "CONNECTED".

Plus, when I tried to configure hylafax to use class1 and AT+FAA=1 it did
not work right.

Thanks for your responce.

Tom

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions