Re: Cardinal modems?

> Anyone using a Cardinal modem with Hylafax?

Yes.

But I guess you'd like to know a little more than that, eh? :-)

I'm using a 28.8 external modem from Cardinal, hooked up to a Linux box.
The Cardinal modem has voice capabilities, and I have a funky
configuration file that deals with distinctive ring, since I used to be
working on a voice mail plug-in for HylaFAX, but haven't had time to work
on it in over a year.

In any case, my Cardinal worked fine using the standard Rockwell RC32ACL
(the one for Boca M1440E and SupraFAX v.32bis).  The main thing that I
remember could break, and it broke with MOST Rockwell modems, is the modem
rate -- seems that these Rockwell's can't do Class 2 FAX above 19200, so
you need the line "ModemRate:	19200" in your config.x file.  I don't
know about the new ones.

I would be happy to send my config file, but as I said, it's VERY messed
up to support adaptive answer stuff, and that junk probably won't make a
lot of sense to you.

Rob

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions