mailfax - problems

Hi folks,

I´m using hylafax 4.01 with linux 2.0.29, a creatix 33.6 modem and the
whfc frontend for Windows95 and NT. That configuration works without any
problems.

Currently I´m setting up a mail-to-fax gateway with mailfax. After
installing everything as described, even that works pretty good :-)

My problems began when I tried to mail a ready to print postscript file.
Sending the file in the message body didn´t work because mailfax
interpreted the postscript statements as plain text and surrounded it
with some additional postscript statements. That results in receiving a
bunch of postscript statements in the fax.

Afterwards I send the postscript file as an MIME attachment with
document type "postscript". That worked better as the file was treated
correctly by faxmail. But when it was send to the faxmodem one error
occurs in /var/log/message and /var/spool/fax&etc/xferlog:

 "modem does not support document page width, max pagewidth 2432 pixels,
  max image width 1686 pixels."

The faxstat reports "busy signal detected".

The same document generated by mailfax (from the docq directory) direcly
sent to a printer worked fine.

Any idea what is wrong with the modem ?

Thanks Olaf

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions