Re: Help with send page

Ramana Juvvadi wrote:

     > Try running "faxstat -v" as a test. Using inetd.conf is no longer
     > recommended for running hfaxd, it's better to use the "etc/hylafax"
     > script from the source or your binaries.

    Can somebody tell me what are the pros and cons of running hfaxd
    using inetd.conf.

You may or may not use inetd(1M) to boot-up hfaxd(1M) for
connects on the ports supported by HylaFAX; both methods
should work fine if you use the appropriate options for hfaxd(1M)
(see the man page for details);

for heavy used systems it's better to run hfaxd(1M) standalone
and let hfaxd(1M) directly LISTEN on the ports; the pro for this
is that inetd(1M) doesn't have to boot a new hfaxd(1M) from
the disk for each incoming client connect;

	matthias

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions