Signal 13

I've been using Hylafax pretty well on a Linux RH 4.0 kernal 2.0.29 box
for awhile. It is only running as an e-mail to fax gateway. It will run
fine for weeks, but then the mailq will get a bunch of failed faxes with
an error of "mailer prog died with signal 13". I think it happens when
there is a fax being sent out and we try to do a credit card transaction
or something like that on the same line, but I'm not sure. Anyway, to get
it to recover I reboot the machine and the new faxes go thru fine, but the
old ones never recover. The modem is just an internal Zoom which I could
replace easily enough, but I don't think it is the source of the problem.
The volume of faxes has been very low, but if I can get everything
straightened out, I'd like to offer e-mail -> fax as a regular service.

Thanks for any ideas,

-Jeff

---
   Verinet Communications, Inc.