Re: Hylafax future

> > using this free package.  Maybe it will be of use to you or anyone else
>              ^^^^
> > doing a port of HylaFax:
> >
> >      Porting Tool: GNU-WIN32 Version 18.1 Linux to Windows NT/95
>
> It's going commercial.  The compilers and shells can't go commercial, but
> the supporting DLL can and will.

I've talked with Geoffrey Noer, the guy in charge of the current project.
He says that as far as he knows, Cygnus will continue to put it out under
GPL for the forseeable future.

> The writeup quoted was also misleading - it has nothing to do with Linux;
> it is a DLL replacing the Unix system call libraries, together with
> a collection of pre-ported tools, including gcc and bash.

Yes, that's true.  I grabbed it from comp.os.linux.announce, so it was
Linux oriented.

Chris

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions