Re: Hylafax 4.0pl1 doesn't answer incoming calls

> Like before, I am using a 486DX4 with 16MB RAM, IDE hard disks, and
> Hylafax 4.0pl0 binary for Linux that I picked up from ftp.sgi.com. My
> modem in both cases is a ZyXEL Omni O288S with firmware 1.18. In the
> last case, I was using Slackware 3.1.0 with kernel 2.0.27. In this case,
> I am using Slackware 3.2.0 with kernel 2.0.29. In both cases, the libg++
> shared libraries on the system are more than recent enough to handle
> Hylafax' requirements as mentioned in the FAQ w.r.t. older Linux.
>
> Like before, the modem is fine, outgoing data connections are fine,
> outgoing faxes are fine. I haven't tested the modem for incoming data
> connections.
>
> Will someone please comment on my problem? I really hope I will get some

I just had a similar problem although mine was persistent, I could
no get hylafax to answer a incoming call. My setup is Linux Redhat 4.1
and Hylafax 4.0 with some patches and ZyXel 2864I (I am not sure about
the model number but it is ISDN Elite). then I tracked it down to using
setserial to bump the serial speed up to 115 Kbits, the problem
vanished when I did:

setserial /dev/cua3 spd_normal

I had been using Hylafax for a long time with a hayes accura modem without
this problems.

Hope this helps

yngvi@hagkaup.is

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions