Re: HylaFAX, Areacodes, Exchanges

> In order have HylaFAX dial the 1613 when needed when deciphering an number,
> do I have to  put all the exchanges into the etc/dialrules, and right a
> rule for each exchange? (Or have I missed a man page/config file somewhere
> which covers this).]

How else would you expect it to be done?

Hylafax wants to convert the number you supply to a canonical form, in
particular so that it can record information about the remote machine.
It also needs to be able to work out a legal dial string for that number.
It doesn't have all the world dialcodes embedded in the code.

If you always dial a number in the same form and that is a legal code from
the location of the fax server, then you probably don't need any translation
at all.  Also, in the UK, one can always dial the national form of the
number, so it is not necessary to strip excess codes from the number.  That
might be the case in Canada, or it might not, or it might be location
dependent.

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions