Re: Hylafax future

>> Thought you might find this interesting.  They've ported X libraries over
>> to NT, as well as a Kerberos 5 server and various X applications
>> using this free package.  Maybe it will be of use to you or anyone else
>> doing a port of HylaFax:
>
>Please note: the Kerberos implementation for Windows NT is not compatible
>with the standard Kerberos release. Microsnot is once again taking someone
>else's design, modifying it so it will not interoperate, and trying to
>sell it as a major Microsnot product.

I'd just like to clarify something.

The Kerberos implementation _done by Microsoft_ is the broken version
("broken" being a relative term :-) ).  The one done by Cygnus _using
the GNU-WIN32 package_ is a close-to-straight port of the MIT V5
release (but there are still a few #ifdef's in the code).

However, since HylaFAX uses many of the characteristics of Unix
terminal devices, I doubt the server side would port to NT.  Client
shouldn't be that hard, though.

--Ken

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions