Re: SCO Unix

On Tue, 16 Sep 1997, Tim Rice wrote:

> On Mon, 15 Sep 1997, Bill Campbell wrote:
>
> > On Tue, Sep 16, 1997 at 10:13:44AM +1200, Jonathan Chen wrote:
> > >Yep. SCO 5.0.0 and 5.0.4 systems (and a few others). Only drawback is
> > >that faxgetty hangs sometimes (~1 per 2 months), and holds the serial
> > >port indefinitely.
> >
> > Actually, it's the SCO getty that's hanging the port.  We moved all
> > our modems off a SCO 5.0.4 system to Caldera Open Linux Base 1.1 a
> > couple of weeks ago and all the hanging problems disappeared.
>
> It's been my observation on my customers SCO 5.0.4 machine that
> outgoing data (cu or uucico) calls will very often hang the port.
> My work around was to add a few lines to uudaemon.hour to
> do a kill -15 on the faxgetty process. Crude but it works.

Unfortunately, I have noticed that there have been times where it's
just impossible to kill faxgetty. This is on the only customer site
running 5.0.4; and I'm forced to reboot the box to free the line.
--
Jonathan Chen                          e-mail : jonc@pinnacle.co.nz
  Pinnacle Software Ltd                Voice  : +64.9.415.4460

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions