Re: PLEASE HELP!!!! :( :( :(

> I'm having transmission trouble, and would appreciate any assistance you
> can provide.  I've searched the faq's and help files at the web site, but
> have had no luck.
>
> CPU		: Pentium 150MHz
> OS		: Linux 2.0.20
> HylaFax	: v4.0pl1-1
> Modem		: Practical Peripherals 33.6 (PM 336 HC INET)
> 		  Class 1 & 2 support, configured for class 2
>
> 	This is my 3rd modem in an attempt to disqualify the modem as a problem.
>
> When ever transmitting a fax over a certain size, (around 500 bytes ascii)
> the receiving modem fails to receive all of the fax.  The 500 bytes
> translates to about 7,000 bytes when it gets converted to a .ps file.  I'm
> assuming that since the info/* files for the fax machines I'm sending to
> say supportsPostScript:no that these files are being converted to .tif for
> transmission.

I don't think HylaFax actually supports sending ps directly and few machines
can accept it, so yes, the file is being converted to tiff.  This sounds like
a flow control problem between the computer and modem.  Some modems
require xon/xoff flow control while in fax mode so try using software
flow control with appropriate settings for you modem commands.  If you
are sure the modem should work with hardware flow control (I know the
Multitech's will) then check your cable to make sure you have all the
necessary lines passing through. A break-out box can be helpfull to
see if the modem is asserting the leads and if the computer responds.

Les Mikesell
  les@mcs.com

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions