Comm failure during phase B/C

That's the mesage I get trying to send from a Linux system running
HylaFax 4.0pl1 with a MultiTech 2834ZDXb.

'faxaddmodem' used the mt-1432 template -- is this OK?

Receiving faxes work perfectly. Sending always results in the same
error: "Communications failure during Phase B/C".

If I try to send to another system with (a well-working) HylaFAX,
it (the receiver) sends a "facsimile not received" notice that

"An attempt to receive facsimile on ttyXX failed because: COMREC received DCN"

Session logs are available if they'll help. The troubleshooting parts of
the docs don't seem to provide any clues. And I've tried changing from
hardware to software flow control with no chance in result. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

--
 Evan Leibovitch, Sound Software Ltd, located in beautiful Brampton, Ontario
Supporting PC-based Unix since 1985 / Caldera & SCO authorized / www.telly.org

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions