Re: Restarting failed fax job?

In short: recreate the fax entirely?  Is there no better way?  All of
the job information (including destination and document(s)) is stored
in the doneq (until it is purged).

Presently, I am presenting all of our employees with a WWW-based listing
of all faxes in the sendq, and the last ten faxes in the doneq.  I'd like
to give them a button to "re-send" a fax listed in the doneq.

If the only way to do this is by recreating the fax from scratch, I can
work with that..

David

On Wed, Jun 25, 1997 at 07:42:35PM -0400, Brendon Perero recycled some anti-positrons, creating this:
> David,
> To "resurrect" a failed or otherwise "done" fax . . .
> use the command:
> sendfax -d [fax number] [document]
> eg. sendfax -d 12155387103 doc7.7
>
> On Wed, 25 Jun 1997, David Nesting wrote:
>
> > Is there a way to "resurrect" a failed or otherwise "done" fax?  The
> > fax's data (recipient, content, etc.) is still available in the
> > server's "doneq", but I can find no method to force the fax to be
> > resent.
> >
> > If nothing else, I suppose I can just parse this data and recreate the
> > fax from scratch, but it seems to me that there must be a simple way
> > to resend a completed fax..

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions