Working setup for USR Sportster as Class2.0

I got the following configuration file to work for me for HylaFAX v4.0pl1 on
Solaris 2.5 on a Pentium. I have experience a couple of failures, but later
the same remote sending fax machine worked, so I am not sure what was
wrong. Generally this has worked well for me, though I have not sent a large
number of faxes (to about 4 or 5 different remote fax machines). Hope it helps
some people out. Note that this is set for adaptive answer. Regards --

J. Eliot B. Moss, Associate Professor
Computer Science Department, LGRC          (413) 545-4206
University of Massachusetts                (413) 545-1249 (fax)
Box 34610                                  moss@cs.umass.edu (email)
Amherst MA 01003-4610

# $Id: usr-2.0,v 1.7 1996/06/24 02:58:42 sam Rel $
#
# HylaFAX Facsimile Software
#
# Copyright (c) 1990-1996 Sam Leffler
# Copyright (c) 1991-1996 Silicon Graphics, Inc.
# HylaFAX is a trademark of Silicon Graphics, Inc.
#
# Permission to use, copy, modify, distribute, and sell this software and
# its documentation for any purpose is hereby granted without fee, provided
# that (i) the above copyright notices and this permission notice appear in
# all copies of the software and related documentation, and (ii) the names of
# Sam Leffler and Silicon Graphics may not be used in any advertising or
# publicity relating to the software without the specific, prior written
# permission of Sam Leffler and Silicon Graphics.
#
# THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS-IS" AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND,
# EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY
# WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
#
# IN NO EVENT SHALL SAM LEFFLER OR SILICON GRAPHICS BE LIABLE FOR
# ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND,
# OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM LOSS OF USE, DATA OR PROFITS,
# WHETHER OR NOT ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF DAMAGE, AND ON ANY THEORY OF
# LIABILITY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OR PERFORMANCE
# OF THIS SOFTWARE.
#

#
# Configuration for using the Class 2.0 command interface
# with a USR v.34 Courier or Sportster modem.
#
# RTS/CTS flow control is used default.
#
#
CountryCode:		1
AreaCode:		413
FAXNumber:		+14132539604
LongDistancePrefix:	1
InternationalPrefix:	011
DialStringRules:	"etc/dialrules"
ServerTracing:		1
SessionTracing:		11
RecvFileMode:		0666
LogFileMode:		0644
DeviceMode:		0666
RingsBeforeAnswer:	1
SpeakerVolume:		medium
GettyArgs:		"-g -h -d %l -l %s -m ldterm,ttcompat"
LocalIdentifier:	"+1+413+253+9604"
TagLineFont:		etc/lutRS18.pcf
TagLineFormat:		"From %%l|%c|Page %%p of %%t"
MaxRecvPages:		100
#
#
# Modem-related stuff: should reflect modem command interface
# and hardware connection/cabling (e.g. flow control).
#
ModemType:		Class2.0	# use class 2.0 interface
ModemRate:		38400		# DCE-DTE communication rate
ModemFlowControl:	rtscts		# XON/XOFF flow control assumed
#
ModemNoFlowCmd:		AT&H0&I0&R1	# setup modem for no flow control
ModemHardFlowCmd:	AT&H1&I0&R2	# setup modem for hardware flow control
ModemSoftFlowCmd:	AT&H2&I2&R1	# setup modem for software flow control
#
ModemSetupDTRCmd:	ATS13=1&D2	# setup so DTR drop resets modem
ModemSetupDCDCmd:	AT&C1		# setup so DCD reflects carrier (or not)
ModemResultCodesCmd:	ATQ0X4		# enable extended result codes
#
# NB: adaptive answer only seems to work properly when
#     the modem is left idling in Class 2.0
#
ModemSetupAACmd:	AT+FAA=1
#
# Set modem speaker volume commands: OFF QUIET LOW MEDIUM HIGH.
# Note that we both turn the speaker on/off and set volume.
#
ModemSetVolumeCmd:	"ATM0 ATM1L0 ATM1L1 ATM1L2 ATM1L3"
#
# Modem does not support HDLC frame tracing; we add this just
# to eliminate spurious ERROR results that confuse the naive.
#
Class2BUGCmd:		AT+FBU=0
#
# The modem doesn't support copy quality checking, even though it
# returns (0-2,0-2) for AT+FCQ=?; therefore we override the query
# response so that the server will do copy quality checking.
#
Class2CQQueryCmd:	!(0),(0)	# override modem response

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions