Re: Adaptive Answer support for USR Sportster 28.8 ???

On Sat, 14 Jun 1997, Thomas Kuerten wrote:

> Jonathan Chen wrote:
[snip]
> >     ModemSetupAACmd:    AT+FAA=1    # enable adaptive answer in Class 2
>
> Well thanks alot. I already did that, as I already mentioned two
> mails ago, but the nice soul helping me with the mgetty setup
> cut out the config file lines of relevance.
> So here they are again:
>
> ModemType:              Class2.0        # use class 2.0 interface
> ModemRate:              38400           # DCE-DTE communication rate
> ModemFlowControl:       rtscts          # Hardware flow control assumed
> ModemSetupDTRCmd:       ATS13=1&D2      # setup so DTR drop resets modem
> ModemSetupDCDCmd:       AT&C1           # setup so DCD reflects carrier
> (or not)
> ModemResultCodesCmd:    ATQ0X4          # enable extended result codes
> ModemSetupAACmd:        AT+FAA=1
> #
> AdaptiveAnswer:         yes             # enable adaptive answer
> AnswerRotary:           "fax data"      # answer for fax, then data
> ModemAnswerFaxCmd:      AT+FCLASS=2.0;A   # default is to answer as fax
> ModemAnswerDataCmd:     ATH+FCLASS=0;A  # hangup and answer as data
> Class1RecvIdentTimer:   8000            # timeout fax answer in 8 secs

You've got a lot more stuff in here than I've got in mine. I suggest
that you take out:

    AdaptiveAnswer
    AnswerRotary
    ModemAnswerDataCmd
    ModemAnswerFaxCmd
    Class1RecvIdentTimer

My understanding of the docs for "AdaptiveAnswer" and "AnswerRotary"
is that it's a kludge if something doesn't quite work properly. It also
may be that your Fax-modem needs to lock the transfer rate to
something lower than 38400. Try setting:

    ModemAnswerFaxBeginCmd: "<19200><xon>"  # lock line rate and flow control

--
Jonathan Chen                          e-mail : jonc@pinnacle.co.nz
  Pinnacle Software Ltd                Voice  : +64.9.415.4460

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions