Re: Adaptive Answer support for USR Sportster 28.8 ???

Carsten Hoeger wrote:

> On Mon, 9 Jun 1997, Thomas Kuerten wrote:
>
> > Hello dear community,
> >
> > I 've read all the docs and some of the mailing list archives,
> > but didnt find any appropriate answer to my question...
> > maybe its just too plain easy for me to understand ;-)
> >
> > Somehow I do not understand how to setup my modem configuration
> > to accept data and fax calls.
> >
> > Fax reception and sending works ok already.
> >
> > I installed Hylafax 4.0PL0 on my Linux Redhat 4.1 intel 586 system
> > which went through fine after updating the tiff libraries and
> > doing some config stuff in the config.site file.
> >
> > I am using mgetty from Gert Doering's mgetty+sendfax package
> > as the data getty program.
> >
> > I inserted the line
> > S0:23:respawn:/usr/local/sbin/faxgetty ttyS0
> > into my /etc/inittab file,
> > and also put the /etc/rc.d/init.d/hylafax file and the links in
> > the appropriate /etc/rc.d/rc.x directories
> >
> > The running services are
> >   186  ?  S    0:00 /usr/local/sbin/faxq
> >   188  ?  S    0:00 /usr/local/sbin/hfaxd -i hylafax
> >   235  ?  S    0:00 /usr/local/sbin/faxgetty ttyS0
> >
> > my config file /var/spool/fax/etc/config.ttyS0 contains the following
> > entries:
> > RingsBeforeAnswer:      1
> > SpeakerVolume:          low
>
> > GettyArgs:              "-r -s %s"
>
> Try
>
> GettyArgs:              "-r -b -s %s %l"
>
> and try to add the following to your mgetty.config:
>
> port ttyS0
> direct y
> toggle-dtr n
>
> > Can anybody point me to what I am doing wrong ?
> > are the "ModemAnswerxxxCmd" lines functional for 2.0 modems ?
> > Somehow the documentation is very confusing in this context.
> >
> > Can anybody please help me or does anybody do something similar ?

Ok I did that and it seems to be very helpful
but still the modem setup is crucial, it does not work.
Somehow I cannot tell the hylafax getty to try first fax, then data.

Is this impossible with the modem in 2.0 ?
do I have to use class 1 ?
Is there any help in this area available ?
thanks,
   Thomas.

--
Thomas Kuerten - beim Pfarracker 29 - 85716 Unterschleissheim - Germany
-URL-: http://www.leo.org/~kuerten/

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions