Re: How to start hfaxd and faxq as the correct users on system boot.

> 	Could someone point me in the correct direction as to how to start
> 	hfaxd and faxq as the correct users on system boot?

The general answer is to read the man page for su, as the behaviour of
su is likely to be system dependent, hfaxd must be run as root, in
order to bind to privileged ports, and I would expect faxq to change
user ID automatically.

When run as root, you can use the -s option, in the Linux su,
to override the shell.

> 	I think that faxq should be run as uucp, but su - uuc results in
> 	getting the uucico prompt, since that is the shell for uucp on my
> 	machine.

I think this may be an insecure configuration.

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions