Re: linux: port 4559 already in use

Ralf Hoeller wrote:

    Am 05-Jun-97 schrieb raoul@cirl.meei.harvard.edu :

    >AGGG. Ralf, I think you are running into a very, very common problem.
    >People don't realize, not being familiar with this sort of thing, that
    >the ${SPOOL}/etc/hosts file is *not* the /etc/hosts file. Yes, it's in
    >the Hylafax "hosts" man page, but that seems to be a bit difficult for
    >people to parse.
    >
    >Look for the directory where your config.ttyxx files are at: that
    >is where the "hosts" file is that you need to modify.

    yes thats it, thanks a lot
    the man page didn't help, it says 127.0.0.1 means
    anyone on local host uses the default uid
    it doesn't work for me, but i copied /etc/passwd to
    /var/spool/fax/etc/hosts
    changed mode to 600 and everything works fine

Copying /etc/passwd to /var/spool/fax/etc/hosts is definitely
the wrong way to fix this problem. There was a long discussion
in the mailing list about the problem with the default GID
(actually defaults to 60002, and to 60000 for SCO and HP/UX);
you may change the default for your system during ./configure run.

For more details read the HTML documentation (e.g. the file
html/v4.0beta022.php for the value CONFIG_MAXGID).

Copying files around without real knowledge what they mean is
really dangerous.

	matthias

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions