Re: linux: port 4559 already in use

Am 05-Jun-97 schrieb raoul@cirl.meei.harvard.edu :

>AGGG. Ralf, I think you are running into a very, very common problem.
>People don't realize, not being familiar with this sort of thing, that
>the ${SPOOL}/etc/hosts file is *not* the /etc/hosts file. Yes, it's in
>the Hylafax "hosts" man page, but that seems to be a bit difficult for
>people to parse.
>
>Look for the directory where your config.ttyxx files are at: that
>is where the "hosts" file is that you need to modify.

yes thats it, thanks a lot
the man page didn't help, it says 127.0.0.1 means
anyone on local host uses the default uid
it doesn't work for me, but i copied /etc/passwd to
/var/spool/fax/etc/hosts
changed mode to 600 and everything works fine

Gruss              Regards

r a l f  h  l l e r                          darmstadt
diplomingenieur+architekt                  osannstr. 36
                                    fax: +49.6151.43659
                                    fon: +49.6151.43658
                      Ralf.Hoeller@darmstadt.netsurf.de

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions