Re: linux: port 4559 already in use

First of all thanks a lot for your help

Am 04-Jun-97 schrieb raoul@cirl.meei.harvard.edu :

>First, don't use cua3. Use ttyS3 if you need, and make sure your
>mouse is not on ttyS1. If your mouse is there, you need to use
>ttyS2 or ttyS4 for your modem (ttyS1 and ttyS3 share the same
>IRQ, as do ttyS2 and ttyS4).

i changed irq's using setserial during boottime and it seems the hardware
works fine.

>Check for a hylafax entry in your /etc/inetd.conf. There should *not*
>be one under Linux, rather you should use the "hylafax" script in your
>/etc/rc.xxx directories to start the daemons at boot time. inetd.conf
>woks for the hfaxd, but not for the faxq, so you need to start *some*
>daemon at boot time no matter what, so it's easier to just use the
>script as SYSV intended....

a very good hint. my problem with bind is over the faxserver is running,
but i can't use it -- see next

>Let us know after you straighten those out: the password problem
>may be the wrong permissions on the ${SPOOL}/etc/hosts file.

okay i change hosts to 644 and i get:
wald1:[hol] >faxstat
Login failed: 530 User hol access denied.
(and it doesn't matter which user it is -- also root or fax is denied)
if i change permissions for my /etc/passwd to 600 (because i read in
/var/adm/syslog: HylaFAX[669]: Access control file not mode 600; access denied.)
wald1:[hol] >faxstat
Login failed: 500 'USER ': Syntax error, expecting user name.
but i need passwd 644 because of other programms.
i changed the hosts file to look the same as on my indy (only 127.0.0.1, no othe
r hosts)
but it doesn`t change a thing.

Gruss              Regards

r a l f  h  l l e r                          darmstadt
diplomingenieur+architekt                  osannstr. 36
                                    fax: +49.6151.43659
                                    fon: +49.6151.43658
                      Ralf.Hoeller@darmstadt.netsurf.de

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions