Urgent problem: mgetty turns agetty

Hi!

I have a perfectly working installation with faxgetty working as a
frontdoor, invoking mgetty when someone calls in for PPP access.

I only use outbound fax service and have a linux 2.0.23 system and the latest
hylafax.

Now I installed exactly the same programs on another Linux machine. The
only difference is that the modem on this one is on ttys1 instead of ttys0.
In setup.cache /sbin/getty is pointed out and /sbin/getty is a sym-link to
/usr/local/sbin/mgetty. Exactly as on my other system. Same config and all.

But.......when I call in faxgetty answers and I get an error from agetty!!

Syslog looks like this:
Jun  2 10:07:04 gavleft agetty[13907]: usage: agetty [-h] [-l
login_program] [-m] [-t timeout] baud_rate,... line

This is very strange since I have no references to agetty whatsoever. Since
/sbin/getty links to mgetty.

And since agetty is invoked instead of mgetty the agetty doesn't udnerstand
the gettyArgs and everything fails.

Any clues?

Peter

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions