Problem with USRobotics Sportster Modems

Still can't successfully send Faxes.

Hylafax Version = 4.0p11
Platform	= Digital Alpha
OS		= 3.2d

Modems I tried: (Both USRobotics Sportster 28,800 Fax/Modems)

Two different sets of firmware in the modems.  As reported by ATI3 for each
modem:

V1.1 and V6.0

Problem1:  When the modems are configured as Class 2.0 Modems I get the
following in the log.

REMOTE HANGUP: RSPREC error/got DCN (code 71)

Problem2: When the modems are configured as Class 1 Modems I get the

Training failed messages (from 36400 baud all the way down)

I have tried faxing to various fax machines and consistly get the same
results.  I basically have taken the default modem settings.  Is anyone
using a similar modem?  Would you please share your modem config file
with me?

I really don't know what to do to correct this.

TIA,

Jack

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions