Too many open files.

	The unfortunate old 386 that runs my modems is very anemic in
terms of disk space.  I have all of my spool-file-type-apps using an
NFS mounted /var.  Unfortunately, Hylafax V4 doesn't seem to like this
--- in particular, the client directory must be on a local file system
(I assume this has something to do with sockets).

	Anyways, The system is running with the clients directory soft
linked to the small local filesystem.  However... for each job it
processes, it spits out the following:

Jan 31 15:07:54 strike HylaFAX[3353]: /client/: Not a directory.

	Since it was working, I ignored it for awhile.  However, after
running it this way for a day or so, it begins to spit out:

Jan 31 11:14:42 strike FaxQueuer[139]: JOB 1017: Could not open job file; Too many open files.

	And... when it's restarted, it spits out:

Jan 31 14:15:58 strike FaxQueuer[3288]: HylaClient::send: client/167: Cannot open FIFO: Device not configured

	Now... keep in mind that it's working until it hits the too
many open files problem... so I'm gathering that some part of the way
it works it failing in this situation and leaving files open.  I'd
like to correct this if I can.  Right now, I just kill and restart
faxq every morning.

Dave.

|Mail:      dgilbert@jaywon.pci.on.ca         |  equal if and only if they |
|http://www.pci.on.ca/~dgilbert               |   are precisely opposite.  |