Re: Trouble communicating with my modem

Wow...this is the furtherest I've ever seen a Sportster get to
actually sending a class 2.0 FAX.  All the way from phase B to
phase D!  What is the rom level of your modem?  ATI4 reports this.

(Check the archives of this mailing list.  No one has gotten a 33.6
Sportster to fax as a Class 2.0 device.  Some people have gotten
them to work as a Class 1.  Older 28.8 modems will fax.  The 33.6
modems usually fail with "unspecified phase B error")

Mike

On Thu, 30 Jan 1997, Jack Burton wrote:

> I'm VERY New to Hlyafax.  I am trying to get hylafax (4.0pl1) going on a
> Dec Alpha running DU 3.2d.  I can connect to and dial out from my modem
> via 'cu', but have problems with the hlafax sw.  The modem is a
> USRobitics 33.6 Fax/Modem.
>
> Can anyone help me?
>
> I tried sending a Fax:

Log removed...