Re: faxgetty problem with Linux 2.0.0 + Hylafax V4.0P1.0

Matthias Apitz wrote:

> Jian Wang wrote:
>
>     This is what I did with faxgetty:
>         1. put "t2:23:/var/spool/fax/sbin/faxgetty cua0" in my /etc/inittab.
>            cua0 is my device for modem.  I use it for both inbound and outbound
>                fax.
>         2. put "19200 # B19200 .... #19200" in /etc/gettydefs.  My Modem
>                    is Microcom DeskPorte 28.8K fax/data modem with Tornato and Tricom
>                2882 settings. The fasttest speed detected by faxsetup is
>            38400 bauds, But for inbound DTE commincation, the faxsetup
>            scans the modems and give 19200.  That is  why I put 19200
>                entry there.
>     I did not get a getty default file for cua0 under default dir.
>     The GettyArgs is "-h %l dx_%s" or "-h %l %s"(I tried both).
>
>     The result is : When I login, the faxgetty keeps on talking
>     with my modem, for I can see the TR light is always on. I
>     check faxq and hfaxd with faxstat, and they are not runing.
>     In the messages file under /dev/log, I can see
>     Faxgetty open my modem. But I can not send or receive fax at all.
>
>     I guess the problem should be the getty, for faxgetty
>     use getty to detect and monitor the line of modem.
>
>     Does any one know what I am wrong based on the infomation
>     I give above? I also like suggestion on how to setup
>     faxgetty in Linux 2.0.0 + 28.8K microcom modem.
>
> There is a binary distribution for Linux and an INSTALL guide for
> it (just a hint, don't know if it explains how to setup faxgetty(1M));
>
>         matthias

I also have a problem with faxgetty and Linux 2.0:
I am not sure if my problem is near to the problem above, but perhaps
anyone has a clue...
Whenever a voice-phonecall comes to my modem by mistake, faxgetty forks
an "agetty" process that never dies although my modem does a hangup
after recognizing that there is no carrier. Therefore my modem is
blocked
whenever a voice-call gets to my Faxserver.

			Thank you in advance,
			Regards
			Hermann
--