Re: hylafax questions

Jim Gottlieb wrote:

    Hello.  I've read the FAQ (which seems to be almost a year old) and
    still have some questions.

The new FAQ was released on Monday (ftp://ftp.sgi.com/sgi/fax/doc/);

    I'm looking for a fax program to use on our network of machines, most
    of which are running Solaris 2.5.1.  Although I'm a command-line kind
    of guy, many people in the office prefer a graphical frontend, and I
    see that there are some like tkhylafax.  How developed are these?  Are
    they foolproof enough for the "average" office worker?  And have people
    written WordPerfect macros that can be used to automatically fax?

    My other concern is the connection to the modem.  I only see discussion
    about modems that are directly connected to a serial port.  Our modem
    bank sits on a Livingston Portmaster and our programs access them by
    communicating over a tcp socket (i.e., "telnet modemserver 6000"
    connects to our modem bank).  Does hylafax support this type of
    connection?

I'ld not recomment using HylaFAX over TCP/modemservers.

	matthias

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions