Re: Automating faxes

On Wed, 29 Jan 1997 13:06 -1000, David Batterham wrote:

			[ ... deleted ...]

    This brings me to another point, slightly off topic - sorry!. I use LINUX
    and so want to use Ghostscript

Which version??

				   to send a ps file to a remote printer
    (HP laser jet 4 plus). Prob is if a print it through lpr it prints
    gibberish and secondly ghostscript wont exit from the GS> prompt without
    manual intervention, I'm using the -DNOPAUSE -q -sDEVICE and -OutputFile
    commands, why won't this work?

I use this command as part of a filter to convert/print PostScript thru
Samba to a PC-connected LJ4+:

  # convert PostScript to LaserJet 4, then print
  gs -q -dNOPAUSE -sDEVICE=ljet4 -sOutputFile=\|lp "$*" -c quit

See also the gs* script included with the Ghostscript distribution for
similar examples.  I run Aladdin Ghostscript 4.03 (1996-9-23).

-sjk

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions