Re: CLARIFICATION: Help with timing issues

Ivan Kohler wrote:

    At 08:33 AM 1/26/97 +0100, Matthias Apitz wrote:
    >David Hoffman wrote:
    >
    >    I have now received a few messages in response to my first note
    >    (posted below). I assumed that since this mailing group was supposed
    >    to be related to flexfax / hylafax, that it would be assumed that
    >    that was what I was writing about. Sorry for the confusion.
    >
    >    However, I am asking about the timing of re-queued messages in
    >    HYLAFAX. For example, an alphapage request is queued and for some
    >    reason fails on the first attempt. It is re-scheduled for 15 minutes
    >    later. I would like to set this to a shorter time, say 1 minute
    >    later.  Any help???
    >
    >read the manual; check sendpage(1) for the flag -l and hfaxd(1M) for
    >the config values of PriorityMap and RetryTimeMap
    >
    >BTW: If you have looked through all of the documentation did you
    >notice that the spelling is ``HylaFAX'' and not HYLAFAX and also not
    >hylafax or anything else?

    Hello matthias,

    While I and others appriciate you taking the time to answer questions about
    HylaFAX (yes, I spelled and capitialized it correctly)... does it really
    matter?

HylaFAX is software. Writing, solving problems and debugging
this and other software start allways with understanding the bits
of this software. The bits of the word HylaFAX and hylafax are
very different (don't know if my bad English let you understand
my point that I mean precision with the word "bit"). That's also
why one should provide correct and precise information (like version,
type of operating system, trace-files, command line arguments etc.)
if one is asking for help or complaining about bugs. None of
this information was included in the original email of David.
I had a private email discussion with David and it later showed
up that he is using the old version v3.0 and my hint about hfaxd(1M)
was wrong (there was no hfaxd(1M) in v3.0)). Take this for an
example that without precise information in the question every answer
maybe wrong or useless.

Despide of this HylaFAX(tm) is a trademark,

	matthias
--
firm: matthias.apitz@softcon.de [voc:+49-89-61308-351, fax: +49-89-61308-188]
priv: guru@thias.muc.de

"We don't care.  We don't have to.  You'll buy whatever we ship, so why bother?
 We're Microsoft." (found in Usenet)

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions