Re: Sendfax corrupt PS for multiple pages

At 03:19 PM 23/01/97 -1000, you wrote:

>Hi All,

[Snip]

>The problem occurs when sendfax sends a Postscript document I have
>formatted with textfmt. I have used no unusual arguments - just -B -r and
>p 7. This makes a ps file in landscape at 7 points. This works fine until
>the faxed document is over a page. When this occurs the second page printe
>below the first and its leftmost margin is equal to the rightmost margin
>of the first page - thus it flows off the page and is truncated.
>
>Would this be a problem with the postscript or with sendfax?
>
>For further information, I suspect that multiple pages work ok in a plain
>text document converted with textfmt but this document has HARD FORMATTED
>form feeds (pagebreak) in it, these are the ^L character (0x0C in hex).
>The problem occurs directly after this ^L. Is there anotehr character I
>should use to signify page breaks?

I had similar problems, and found that I needed to be very careful with the
parameters I put in the typerules file. I also wanted to change the margins
being used because I found the top default margin of .85 inch to be too much.

I found that margins are in points, so a -Mt=30,b=15 was enough to change
the margin to a smaller value. I experimented with textfmt and sending the
result to a laser printer until it was all right.

Eventually everything was OK, though. I would question your use of a 7 point
font. I don't think it is going to be legible at the other end. We used 11
point with a 13 point line spacing. We also had hard page breaks in the file
and it all worked OK once I got the flags correct. I think I also used -C to
specify no-wrap of the text.

>Any and all help appreciated.
>
>Dave.
>-------------------
>David Batterham
>Energy Brix Australia Corp
>Australia, VIC, Morwell 3840
>Phone +61 0351204112

Regards
-------
Richard Sharpe, sharpe@ns.aus.com
NS Computer Software and Services P/L,
Ph: +61-8-8281-0063, FAX: +61-8-8250-2080, WWW: http://www.ns.aus.com
NS is an OS-neutral, equal-HTTP-server opportunity employer!

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions