Re: problem with setup up server in a linux machine.

Hi again:

> Thank you very much for your help. Actually, I manually added
> fax uer into passwd file, but I still could not started up
> hfaxd.  I have the same problem mention in your mail.  I
> could run faxsetup completely, adding fax modem, specifying
> the fax modem.  However, when I invoked faxsend, it complained
> can not connect to localhost, service unavailable....via port
> 4995(?). I check my hosts file, it is "localhost\n 127.0.0.1.

   The connection with localhost is a problem of permissions with
HylaFax's hosts file. It should be accessible by everybody. As for the
problem with "Service unavailable via port 4559", I am still stuck.

   You should check that /etc/services has the ports for hylafax and snnp.
Besides that, I don't know what else to check. I think it may be a problem
with the loopback setup. I remember having a similar problem with rplay
once. It works under the same philosophy: you run a sound server, and then
you play sounds as client applications. I could not figure out how to make
it work.

   Bye,

	Gabriel

---
Gabriel Fernandez		Wavelets rule!
Computer Science Department	Wavelets are cool!
University of South Carolina	Wavelets smooth your life!
Columbia, SC 29208		Wavelets transform your dimensions!

E-mail: fernande@cs.sc.edu	URL: http://www.cs.sc.edu/~fernande/

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions