problem with setup up server in a linux machine.

Hi,

I complied and make install seccessfully the HylaFax v4.0Pl1
(I downloaded from www.vix.com) on my PC which runs the latest
Lunix version (kernal 2.0.0?). But I got problem to setup HylaFax.

My PC have a microcom 28.8K fax/data modem connected, and
is configured as loopback (i.e. IP = 127.0.01). What I want is
to setup the fax server and client in my PC so that I can
send and recieve fax in linux.

But When I run faxsetup after I compile and make install as
supper user, I got problem add user fax. The faxsetup
complains "command useradd unknown". I check the Linux,
there is no command useradd in bash.

I tried to get arround this by not adding user fax. Then I configured
modem, add modem, and complete the faxsetup script, but
I still got problem run sendfax, which complain server is
not on, can not connect to server on port 4675 (I am not sure
of this port number, it should be the default). I also checked
the process, there is no faxd or faxq runing at all.

Can someone give me a hand on this? Thanks in advance...

Jian

     |       |/ --|---       ESN: 613 763-6119  POBox 3511, Station C
     |       |\ --|---       SKY, T7, F9, Pf6   Ottawa, ON K1Y 4H7

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions