Re: Hylafax v4.0 and Linux

Hi,

   I am still unable to run the software under Linux. The compilation is
successful and without any warnings or errors (except for a complaint
about /sbin/egetty and /sbin/vgetty being missing). Anyway, all the
configuration files seem to be correct, but the far server does not run.
The hfaxd daemon loads into memory but is unable to activate the service.
Therefore, the client applications complain about "service is not
available".

   For example, it accepts commands such as

        telnet localhost 4559

but not

        telnet localhost hylafax

even though hylafax is defined in the /etc/services file.

   In general, even though I am able to connect to localhost, the programs
exit with a "service not available" error.

   Just as a reference my machine is not connect to any network except for
a PPP connect to an internet provider. Therefore, I would like just to run
the hylafax programs as standalone programs, if possible. If not, the fax
server option would be fine with me if I could make it work correctly.

   Any ideas?

	Gabriel

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions