Re: Problems with Postscript Documents

On Fri, 10 Jan 1997, Carsten Hoeger wrote:
> On Fri, 10 Jan 1997, Ricardo Kleemann wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Sorry I don't have an answer, but I do have a question... ;)
> >
> > I've tried compiling the hylafax source on linux 2.0.25 without success...
> > :(
> >
> > I even had to temporarily modify /usr/include/limits.h so the compile
> > wouldn't bomb, and then I still have problems compiling some of the c++
> > code (for example, RegEx.c++ won't compile, complaining about
> > REG_STARTEND, even though REG_STARTEND is properly defined in regex.h). I
> > gave up trying to figure out what the compile probs were, and still can't
> > use hylafax because the binary distribution is giving me a weird error
> > (about gs "wrapper" being suid) that no one responded to me about... :(

You have an include (-I/usr/include) which is causing the regex.h
file in /usr/include to be used instead of the one that came with
HylaFAX.  The only solution I could come up with that allowed me to
use say Tiff from /usr/include, but yet not pick up regex from
/usr/include was to create a temp directory in the hylafax
directory, and then make symbolic links for anything that I need
from /usr/include that would cause a -I/usr/include to be
generated.  For instance, to use tiff from /usr/include, I did:

mkdir usr-include
ln -s /usr/include/tiffio.h usr-include/tiffio.h

Then, I told the configuration process to look for tiff in
usr-include.

Don't know if this is the best way or not...

but, in short:  don't specify /usr/include in any of the
configuration parameters.  There is a similar situation that occurs
with libz, I think.  I just renamed libz.a in /usr/lib to something
else.  Or you could install the libz that comes with HylaFAX in
/usr/lib.

Mike

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions