tiff problem

I was wondering if anyone had come accross this problem or otherwise help me

I using the latest hylafax from the sgi ftp site to receive faxes and the
resulting tiff file seems to be garbled in the sense that I get a missing img
length record.

and I get many of those messages when trying to convert the img . or use tiff
dump from the release that was along with the hylafax release on the ftp site.
I downloaded that code withing the last two weeks.

invalid code, row=0, col=220, file offset=6, skip to eol
invalid code, row=2, col=24, file offset=11, skip to eol
invalid code, row=4, col=24, file offset=1a, skip to eol
invalid code, row=6, col=24, file offset=23, skip to eol
invalid code, row=8, col=24, file offset=2c, skip to eol
invalid code, row=10, col=24, file offset=35, skip to eol
invalid code, row=12, col=24, file offset=3e, skip to eol
invalid code, row=14, col=24, file offset=47, skip to eol
invalid code, row=16, col=24, file offset=50, skip to eol
invalid code, row=18, col=24, file offset=59, skip to eol
invalid code, row=21, col=0, file offset=68, skip to eol

I use an older version of flexfax (mgetty+vgetty) where I only occasionally get
the invalid code problem.

What do the invalid code msgs mean? bad transmission? Out of spec modem or fax?
and how can one fix this problem.

Any help would be appreciated.
thx

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions