Re: sendpage: HELP! HELP!

On Mon, 6 Jan 1997, Douglas Mauro wrote:

> (cc: bsdi mailing list)
>
> OS:		BSDI 2.1
> HylaFax:	"HylaFAX (tm) Version 3.0pl1113"

You should use a much newer version.  The notes below are relative
to version 4.0.

> Modem:		Practical Peripherals 28.8
> Examples:	Yes!
>
> Quick Desc:
> 	Can't get sendpage to send an alphanumeric page via 300 baud 7-E-1
>
> Long Desc:
> 	I have been trying to trouble shoot my dailin line to send an
>   I spoke with my modem company and they gave me an init string to force the
> modem to 300 baud.  When I put this in
>
> etc/config.ttyA1e
> SendPageCmd:            at&f&c1&d2&q0s37=3

Isn't it "PagerSetupCmds:"?  You are using version 3.0, and perhaps
you are in correct.  But, in 4.0, is is PagerSetupCmds.

This is what I came up with last night.  You would use a differemt
S37 value for 300 baud; my setup is for 1200 baud.  This is for a
Zoom 14.4 with a Rockwell chipset.

#
#  &Q6 - allow DCE-DTE buffering, but disable any error negotiation.
#  B0  - Here's the biggie.  Must use V.22 CCITT, which is not the default.
#        Bell is.
#  S37=5 - Set baud rate to 1200
#  N0  - Lock baud rate to S37 value
#  W2  - Enable the proper responses: only CONNECT DCE
#  S95 - Save as W2, but S95 can override W2, so must do both
#

PagerSetupCmds: AT&Q6B0S37=5N0W2S95=1

> I still don't know what the diff is between:
>
> etc/config
> and
> etc/config.ttyA1e

One is for the server, one is for the specific modem.

Mike

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions