Re: Problems building Hylafax under dUNIX v4.0

On Fri, 3 Jan 1997, Paul A. Scowen wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to build Hylafax under Digital UNIX v4.0 on an alpha system.
> The rev of Hylafax is v4.0pl1.  I'm performing the build using gcc
> version
> 2.7.2.1.
>
> I ran into some problems initially that were fixed by turning off the
> REGEX
> part of the configuration - for some reason the configure does not do
> this
> automatically.  Anyway, the build proceeds merrily until we get to one
> location and we get an unresolved loader error:
>
> /usr/local/bin/gcc      -I.././zlib                       -D__ANSI_CPP__
> -I. -I.. -I.././util  -I.././util -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/include -g
> -O -o faxinfo faxinfo.o   -L/usr/local/lib  ../util/libfaxutil.a
> ../port/libport.a -L/usr/local/lib -ltiff -L../zlib -lz  -lutil -lm -lc
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> /usr/bin/ld:
> Unresolved:
> __builtin_va_start
> *** Exit 1
> Stop.
[snip]
I ran into similar problems compiling on SCO UNIX.
It turned out to be a system header file that was not setup to be used
with C++. Ie. it did not have something like this at the top

	#if defined(__cplusplus)
	extern "C" {
	#endif

and something like this at the bottom.

	#if defined(__cplusplus)
        	}
	#endif

Hope this helps.

--
Tim Rice	Multitalents	(707) 887-1469 (voice)
tim@trr.metro.net

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions