Re: [hylafax-users] strftime not found, but libraries are present

On Wed, Dec 29, 2010 at 12:12 PM, Keith Maggio <utman1988@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The strftime function used to format date&time information was not located
> in the normal C library or in the -lintl library (present on some systems).
> This software expects this to be available and will not compile without it.
> If this function is located in a non-standard location you can specify the
> library in the MACHDEPLIBS configuration parameter.  Otherwise you should
> figure out why the usual testing done by this script failed; consult the
> diagnostics in the config.log file for more information.
> Unrecoverable error!  Once you've corrected the problem rerun this script.
> We checked /usr/local/lib and found libintl in there. We've tried
> reinstalling the packages for C/C++ libraries and we still get this error. I
> don't know if there's a pathing issue or what - does Hylafax need to be in
> the root directory? Why do I always get the weird errors?
> Help is appreciated.

Weird OS == Weird errors... (in this case "weird" == "not something
others have")

But the error message is pretty explicit.  HylaFAX needs "strftime",
and it's not found it in either the normal libc, or with -lintl.

If you look in config.log, you can probably see exactly how it's
trying to compile/link to find strftime.  The compiler/linker might
even emit helpfull error messages that can be seen in the log.

You'll have to know how to get strftime symbol, and add whatever
necessary libs to MACHDEPLIBS so HylaFAX knows how to find that
symbol.

a.