Re: [hylafax-users] R: faxgetty uses 100% CPU

On Tue, Dec 28, 2010 at 11:08:24AM +0100, Giuseppe dia wrote:
> I'm also having issues (faxgetty dying) with an ATOM CPU running on a x86
> system with Linux  2.6.35-24-generic-pae.
> While I'm unable to provide an answer to your problem, your post made me
> wondering if your and my issue could be related.
> (see thread [hylafax-users] R: Hylafax Freeze with no error or warning)
> In particular I'm thinking about something CPU related (to Atom)like: faxgetty
> trying to use 100% CPU and being killed in my system, while showing 100% in
> yours.
> There's any chance that could be CPU issue? After all ATOMs are relatively new
> so maybe there's a short story of issues with hylafax.

If Atom CPUs were not really compatible with other i386/amd64 CPUs, I think
we would have already heard it by now.
Howewer, since you made me doubt, I tried briefly the previous installation
of Hylafax (just plugged the disk from the old PC in the new one). It ran
without trouble.

I would be very surprised if it was really an Atom issue per se.

In my case the modem is plugged into a straight RS-232 serial port and has a
separate power supply. It has been running for years.

--
Francois Tigeot