Re: [hylafax-users] PCI or PCIe DB-25 serial cards?

Hi Dago,

   That sounds like a fascinating option. Have you tried this with
Linux, or has your experience been primarily with Windows? If it works
with Linux, are special drivers required?

  Just to make sure that I'm understanding you correctly, you're
suggesting that the modem's serial DB-9 plugs into a connector, which
converts the signal to ethernet, which then connects into a NIC card
in the computer, yes?  How does Linux see the new device? ttys?

-jim

--
Jim Nikelski, Ph.D.