[hylafax-users] R: 425 Cannot build data connection: Connection refused.

I'm fairly new with hylafax, so you would probably wait for a veteran answer
before trying this.
I would check if there's some firewall in the way.
In that case, as hylafax uses an ftp connection with a non-standard port, it
may be helpful to put in place the proper firewall rules.
I would advise against  just taking down the firewall (anyhow it may be
useful for debugging purposes, if you're in a protected environment).
Simply opening the port 4559 toward the asterisk server would not
work(during an FTP session, the client has to prepare a port to receive data
from the server. The assignment of the port is dynamic, so no luck with a
fixed rule on the client)
Have you got Linux there? On Linux I just had to open the port on the server
toward the client and had to load the conntrack_ftp module with the
parameter ports=21,4559. In this way the nf_conntratck_ftp module knows that
4559 is ftp.
I think it should be the same on the client, so that the connection tracking
modules know that connection toward the 4559 is actually an ftp connection
and react accordingly.
Worked for me without taking down the firewall or have 'allow all' rules
between the server and client.
Regards,

Giuseppe Dia