Re: [hylafax-users] problems with faxq

hchris@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi Lee,

I am not shure what I must do now?

Ok, I will try to start the faxes some minutes later with the -a option, but I need to wait for the next bigger broadcasting to test it.

Based on your information that your FaxAccounting scripts are a meaningful part of the problem it would appear that using -a is not going to help.

But what should I do with the faxq? Should I go back to the regulare Hylafax with version 6... Hylafax+ has the newest 5.4...

As you use FaxAccounting you'd lose that feature with .org releases.

As I have had the problem, I have had running FaxAccounting. As I have disabled it, it runs a little bit better, but the usage of CPU of faxq has not changed.

Constant 99% CPU usage by faxq after disabling FaxAccounting? Well, then try the 'sendfax -a' test, I suppose.

FaxAccounting wasn't meant to do heavy-lifting. It was designed to allow a simple interface into an accounting process... like putting xferfaxlog records into a database.

As long as I run FaxAccounting all modems was blocked untill all modems was ready with the actual sending and after this all modems start a new sending. This problem was fixed after removing FaxAccounting.

So what, exactly, are you doing in FaxAccounting that is causing such a drag?

But I need the duration immediately after sending a fax. And I found no way to add the duration to the notify email.
Is there any way to do this?

Using notify is a bad way to perform accounting procedures. If you don't use FaxAccounting then the next-best option is to parse xferfaxlog independently.

Thanks,