Re: [hylafax-users] problems with faxq

hchris@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
I have running Hylafax+ 5.4.2 with Asterisk and 60 iax-modems on a Linux server

If I add 2 or 3 thousand equal faxes with parameter -z faxnumberlist to the queue I got from top:
The faxq needs 99.7% to 100,2% of CPU
load is 3 to 5

Is this normal?

It's not supposed to be normal, no. However, this isn't exactly unheard-of. I've made a number of modifications to address these kinds of issues over the last several years, and in all of *my* testing I was able to resolve them all, and no users were reporting of this problem continuing. But, admittedly, I'm not surprised by it.

Is there any possibility to run Hylafax+ with multiprocessing?

This wouldn't help, necessarily. It'd just throw more CPU at the problem.

In order for me to get a handle on it, please run add "-a hh:mm" to your sendfax command-line where hh:mm represents a time 5-10 minutes into the future. Tell me if you experience the same problems there.

I suspect that the problem you're having is with the job submissions, themselves, and not with the document preparation and not with the scheduler operating on the big queue. I'd like to verify that by having you add "-a hh:mm".

Thanks,