Re: [hylafax-users] hylafax - iaxmodem

Dennis Eberstein wrote:
On 31.08.2010 07:36, Lee Howard wrote:
Dennis Eberstein wrote:
I wanted to setup an Hylafax with an IAXmodem to virtualize my FAX
within my Asterisk
Server.
I installed Hylafax and the iaxmodem. Everything went well, I think,
until I tested it the first time.
faxstat -s is saying Initialising server ever, a Fax in queue or not.
The Hylafax is never using the Modem as if it doesn't know there is one.
I have collected some logs for you, perhaps, you see the problem, i
don't
at this time. Please don't be shy if you need anything else I can
hand over.
Are you running faxgetty on the iaxmodem?

Yes I am.

So you'll need to set ServerTracing to 0xFFF in the modem config file and then look at the syslog (usually /var/log/messages).

But thats only for receiving faxs, isn't it?

Well, something needs to notify faxq that the modem is there and available for use. This is either faxgetty or faxmodem, and most people expect the behavior from faxgetty.

Thanks,