From: Graham Chiu [mailto:compkarori@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Sunday, August 08, 2010 12:06 AM
To: Drumm, Dan L.
Cc: hylafax-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [hylafax-users] Looking for print-2-fax solution

On Sat, Jul 24, 2010 at 6:40 AM, Drumm, Dan L. <DRUMM@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

We have had Hylafax-Iaxmodem-Asterisk fax system working for some time.  Printing to our fax printer is no longer possible for those moving to Windows 7.

What exactly do you mean by this?

Is it the printer you have configured for printing faxes ( model? brand? ) lacks a Windows 7 driver?

Is it a postscript printer?

--
Graham Chiu
http://www.compkarori.co.nz:8090/

==========================

We have had Hylafax-Iaxmodem-Asterisk fax system working for some time.  Printing to our fax printer is no longer possible for those moving to Windows 7.

… A workable W7 postscript driver is not available.

… Printing with PCL does not transfer Fax number information in ASCII and no one seems to have it working.

What can I do?

We are not interested in other products or going back to winprint.  We would like to continue to use the print to fax solution either by finding a working PS driver for W7, or by making PLC printing to the fax print queue work.

Any help or insight much appreciated!

Using Hylafax 6.04 on centos.

--

Dan D.