Re: [hylafax-users] Faxmailing through external SMTP server (plus one suggestion)

El mié, 28-07-2010 a las 17:01 +0200, Lee Howard escribió:
Marcos Lorenzo de Santiago wrote:
> Maybe we could add in bin/faxrcvd:
>
> SENDER=${SENDER:-$CALLID1}

You're always welcome to do this in your custom faxrcvd.  However, TSI
and CallerID are different things, and inasmuch as $SENDER is equated to
TSI it therefore means that when the sender transmits an empty or blank
TSI that $SENDER will, therefore, be "".

Sorry for my misunderstanding. Please be patient, I'm kinda newbie to the fax protocol...

I guess the CallerID is a phone number of a pool of numbers they have to send faxes.
And I guess too that, as I saw $SENDER containing company names in some fax, if $SENDER is
blank maybe is because it's not configured... please, correct me if I'm wrong. That's why
I thought maybe it could be a good idea to fill $SENDER with any info from the actual sender,
its CallerID ie., so when users receive their faxes by mail they can see in the subject info that
identifies the sender so they can easily search between faxes... it's quite annoying when you try
to search for a specific fax and all of them have the same subject.

Maybe a variable can be added to the templates so that the subject contains:
Subject: Fax received from $SENDER_INFO

Where $SENDER_INFO=${SENDER:-"caller ID $CALLID1"}

If $SENDER is blank , then the subject would be "Fax received from caller ID $CALLID1"
If $SENDER is not blank the subject remains "Fax received from $SENDER"

Regards.

El hogar es el lugar al que vas cuando no tienes otro sitio al
que ir.
                -- John Ney Nieber

Marcos Lorenzo de Santiago
Técnico de Sistemas