[hylafax-users] hylafax (suddenly) won't send faxes

Hi, I've got a problem with our hylafax server I'm hitting my head against.

We had an issue last Thursday with our Windows frontend server, HylaFSP.
It was several versions behind and had a time-related bug, which we
resolved around noon. Since that time, I've had a lot of problems
inhibiting user-sent faxes from being received which I can't narrow down
to any single thing, such as:

- a specific modem (we have two which send)
- a specific user (there are multiple which are demonstrating the issue,
but it is not a 100% failure rate for any but one of the users)
- a specific error (see below)
- a specific dialed number (there are at least 20 that are failing on
one of the below).

These are all errors ultimately resulting in the user getting a faxing
failure notification. The xferfaxlog shows a lot of these failures
(where they were not previously, and these are known good fax numbers):

- "No carrier detected"
- "Busy signal detected" (not 100% on increase in frequency)
- "No answer (T.30 T1 timeout)"
- "Ringback detected, no answer (timeout)"

I'm ripping my hair out trying to figure out. There is evidence in the
logs that (at least most of) these now-failing numbers were able to be
successfully faxed to.

As it stands the faxstat -s queue keeps growing (100+ at the moment)
with a number (20+) of the above error messages as the TTS Status column.

I'm pretty new to this; could someone point me in the right direction as
to what might be causing this?

Thanks,

--
Benjamin Hodgens