Re: [hylafax-users] compiled Hylafax + 5.4.2 and instalalled but the service is not started

Hi Lee;

It seems OK now after running the "faxsetup" program.  I believed, the service is not started because I did not run the faxsetup first.

-----Original Message-----
From: Lee Howard [mailto:faxguy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, June 21, 2010 7:49 PM
To: Kane Wong
Cc: hfax List
Subject: Re: [hylafax-users] compiled Hylafax + 5.4.2 and instalalled but the service is not started

Kane Wong wrote:

> I compiled Hylafax+ 5.4.2 binary source and installed on a i386
> computer with Fedora 13 distribution but when I start the Hylafax
> service, it is enabled but not started. It shows "this service is
> dead" in Service Configuration. What will be the cause? I also try to
> run (/etc/init.d/hylafax start) command but it said "Command not found..."

Did you build from the SRPM or from tarball?

What happens when you run 'service hylafax restart' ?

Thanks,

Lee.

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and may contain privileged information.  It is intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed and others authorized to receive it.  If you are not the intended recipient you must not copy, distribute or use this e-mail or the information contained in it for any purpose other than to notify us.  If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this e-mail from your system.